From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: ajax proposal?
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:05:00 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:

> the incubator operates as an open door to whoever knocks,
> with virtually no entry criteria.

The criteria is that another PMC votes or the Incubator PMC votes.  In the
latter case, we should be looking to see interest from the Membership.  In
numerous cases, I can think of proposals that came and went with no fanfare,
largely because no one was interested.  When we DO see interest from ASF
Members, I have no problem with a discussion to educate them if one feels
that there are reasons to reconsider, but past that, isn't it just down to a
vote?

	--- Noel