From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: versatile container for software components
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:04:36 GMT
Marcus Schie├čer wrote:
> i think you misunderstood me a bit.  I intend to donate the container,
> not the web framework that is Using the container.

How do we reconcile that intention with your other e-mail
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=geronimo-dev@incubator.
apache.org&msgNo=5942), where you said: "just released webzap 0.2 - a
web-portal engine for J2EE. Maybe it's a good idea to integrate it into your
project."  What is the difference between the web-portal engine and the web
framework?

> Leo Simons wrote:
> > I took a look, and I believe we have in fact several projects in the
> > same problem space. Struts, cocoon, turbine, avalon (avalon-fortress
> > + excalibur-event in particular), hivemind, jetspeed (!), and others

I like the simplicity of
http://www.unc.de/downloads/webzap_paper_preview.pdf, but Leo is pointing
out that we have other container projects.  HiveMind, Avalon and Geronimo
all provide application domain agnostic container models, albeit differently
from each other.  Leo, himself, is working on a simple container at
www.jicarilla.org.  His suggestion is that you try to find how your project
might fit collaboratively with one or more of our other efforts.

	--- Noel