From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: log4net incubation [was:] Granting committer status to log4net developers
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:53:26 GMT
> If I understand correctly, the idea is to have a committee be
> responsible for the "education" of the newcomers, instead of
> the people who specifically volunteered to do this work.  I
> wish I had more time to deal with this bureaucracy.

I'm not sure what you mean.  What committee and which volunteers?   I can't
tell if you mean some nebulous committee somewhere, or what.  The Logging
PMC is a committee, too.  I expect that you want to, and volunteer to,
educate incoming Committers, right?  And the Incubator wants to (quoting
Ken) "ensure that people coming in with a new codebase understand how the
asf works, how the voting model functions, the release process, peer review,
et cetera."  So we're all in agreement on the need to educate incoming
Committers during incubation, right?

	--- Noel