From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Request for graduation
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:00:22 GMT
> with the approval of the other committers and our mentor (Dims), I
> am asking for graduation of the JaxMe project to ws.apache.org.

Reviewing the JaxMe status, the only real concern that I would have is the
size of the Community.  You appear to have exactly 3 Committers, which is a
bare minimum.

Does it make sense to contact folks like Matthew Hawthorne
<matth@phreaker.net>, Brian McCallister <mccallister@forthillcompany.com>,
Oliver Heger <Oliver.Heger@t-online.de>, and lists like
commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org, the DB lists, etc.?  I envision JaxMe tying
into such things as Configuration, DB, SOAP, XMTP, etc., as a core
technology.

I am simply expressing that the JaxMe community size gives me some concern
for its long term stability.  Basically, I just want to make sure that we
are not allowing a project to leave and still be at risk of being orphaned.

This is why I comment on how a TLP is structured.  If a TLP manages itself
as a single Project that has multiple component projects, all of which are
everyone's collective responsibility, then I see less risk of a project
being orphaned.

How do you, Dims and Ias see the risk of JaxMe being orphaned?

	--- Noel