From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Granting committer status to log4net developers
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:01:02 GMT
At 08:01 PM 1/13/2004 -0500, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>
> > It would helpful if the purpose of the Incubator was clarified.  If
> > it is an inspection tool, then it should not be disguised as a
> > service.
>
>Nutshell: the purpose of the Incubator is to help bring projects into the
>ASF, while ensuring that the proper procedures are followed with respect to
>the code, and that the projects have healthy communities.
>
>Honestly, I think that you are spending more time worrying about Incubation
>than it would take to *do* it.  From what I can see, and I am doing this
>from memory without looking at the STATUS file:
>
>  - Sponsor:    Ceki Gülcü (Logging PMC Chair)
>  - PMC:        Logging
>  - Committers: at least 4, according to the SourceForge page
>  - License:    Apache Software License
>
>So this seems really silly.  You should have no problem filling out a copy
>of the STATUS file to record: that you have gotten CLAs for all of the
>Committers, that they already use the ASL, that there are a sufficient
>number of them to have a minimally healthy community, that the project is
>going to be managed under the Logging PMC, that there aren't any improper
>license dependencies; and then you ought to be in good shape.
>
>Can you explain to me what you see as a problem?

Thank you for filling in some of fields of the STATUS file.

The question is where do I get the STATUS file and where do I put it?

1) It really takes ages to CVS check out the incubator-site module.
2) Checking out "incubator-site/build/site/log4net" results "in no such
module."

So, where do I get the STATUS file and where do I put it? Could the STATUS
file be placed at the Logging Services site (under CVS control)?

--
Ceki Gülcü