From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REPORTS DUE] Status reports of Incubating Projects
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:38:28 GMT
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> Questions:
>
>   - Any reasons that prevent graduation?

from looking at your status file, no :D

>   - If not: What is required to start the vote on general@incubator?
>     Is an informal mail sufficient or do we need a vote from the PPMC
>     first that triggers the actual vote?

what does the PPMC think? If the PPMC thinks that it needs to vote it
should. IMHO, the PPMC needs to agree but I'm not sure a vote for that
is needed: it seems you're already in agreement.

Other than that...

we have a rule that the Incubator PMC must vote on the release, and the
PMC further agrees that vote should be on general@incubator. No other
rules exist. Do you think we need one? What's usually the case at apache
is that anyone who's actively involved with something can start a vote.

Take some time to gauge general opinion, and if things seem in order,
get the mentor to summarize things, present an argument, run and tally
the vote, etc.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons