From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Granting committer status to log4net developers
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:42:13 GMT

Ceki Gülcü wrote:
> At 11:49 AM 1/12/2004 +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>>
>>>  From what I understand so far, I can't see any advantages for *log4net*
>>> to come through the Incubator instead of LS.
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/faq.html#does_project_X_really_need_Incubation
>> http://incubator.apache.org/faq.html#can_Incubation_be_skipped
>> http://incubator.apache.org/faq.html#project_XXX_makes_no_mention_of_Incubator
>
> That does not really answer my question. On the contrary, it tends to
> confirm my fears.

You are talking to the Apache Incubator Project: we are here to make
sure that certain things are done. Asking us not to do them is at least
wierd.

We are here because this Project was created by the board to do certain
things, not because we like having to check projects (the
"can_Incubation_be_skipped" faq was written by a board member BTW).

If you have problems with having to go through the Incubator, and don't
understand why a central project clearing house is needed, we cannot be
of help in this, contact the board.

If instead you want to make this transition as fast and seamless as
possible, just ask.

For one, start filling (or make others fill in) in a copy of the
following for each project:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/site/projects/incubation-status-template.cwiki?view=markup

You have karma for it, go ahead. If others want to help you on this,
just tell us, they will get karma too.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -