From Matt Liotta <mlio...@r337.com>
Subject Re: donation of project
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:03:34 GMT
 From reading this list's archives it looks like I missed a couple of
messages, so I have decided to join the list in the interim. Anyway,
based on the responses I have decided to go ahead and release the code
on Sourceforge under the Apache License. You can find the project at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jxwb/. The project consists of two
modules, JXWB and WWE. JXWB is meant to be a web browser written in
Java. Currently, it is nothing more than a very bad test harness for
WWE. WWE is the HTML editor pane and kit initially discussed in this
thread. Both modules are committed to CVS as Eclipse projects that
should have no problems building. Additionally, I have created two JARs
jxwb.jar and wwe.jar, which contain both the source code and the
compiled class files for each respective module.

I felt like I really needed to get the code out for this group's
review, but I must admit it was a bit of a rush job on my part. For
reasons I won't get into, we needed to release the source code using a
different namespace from that of our commercial version. As such, I had
to change all the package references as well as add licensing
information to the source code files. It is entirely possible that I
might have missed some files and/or made mistakes that will be only
found at runtime. I fully expect to be able to make an additional
release fixing any issues should some arise as well as provide
documentation for the code base. I'm not sure what the documentation
will consist of since unfortunately while our HTML editor
implementation was decoupled from our commercial use of it; the
documentation was not. I actually never even considered coupling to be
a concern for documentation; whoops. ;) I would like to provide
documentation on all known issues with the HTML and CSS implementation
as well as the design documents for the actual implementation.

Matt Liotta
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.MontaraSoftware.com