From "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat.nospample...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: moving sa-talk to apache?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:23:59 GMT
On Thursday 29 January 2004 02:02 CET Sander Striker wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 01:45, Malte S. Stretz wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 January 2004 01:28 CET Justin Mason wrote:
> > > Currently, our status in Apache is that we are in the Incubator
> > > there, which means that the list has an @incubator.apache.org suffix,
> > > which would change to @apache.org later on graduation.
> >
> > A later move out of the Incubator would be a non-issue if
> > (a) the incubator ezmlm would set the List-Id (currently none at all)
> > or Mailing-List header to the "final" id from the get-go.
>
> This could probably be arranged.  We'd have to check.

Cool :)

> They wouldn't have to resubscribe for the second move.  And if we can
> do the List-Id thing they prolly don't have to change any rules either.

That would be perfect and is in my eyes the only thing which delays the
move :) Because subscriber of a high-traffic list like sa-talk can get very
pissed when their filters suddenly don't work anymore and their inbox is
flooded with list traffic (I once had the responsibility for doing this on
a low-traffic list and even that wasn't fun).

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>