From "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat.nospample...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: moving sa-talk to apache?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:45:19 GMT
On Thursday 29 January 2004 01:28 CET Justin Mason wrote:
> given the *massive* numbers of issues with this list in its current
> home, I suggest we may be better off moving it to Apache.org sooner
> rather than later.
>
> Currently, our status in Apache is that we are in the Incubator there,
> which means that the list has an @incubator.apache.org suffix, which
> would change to @apache.org later on graduation.

A later move out of the Incubator would be a non-issue if
(a) the incubator ezmlm would set the List-Id (currently none at all) or
Mailing-List header to the "final" id from the get-go.
(b) the incubator posting address stayed alive (as an alias) even after
we're out of the Incubator.

I CC'd the Incubator ML as this is probably a global issue.

> We had been putting this off to avoid this inconvenience -- but
> given the slowness and general trouble with the sf.net list, I
> think it may be worthwhile sooner rather than later.
>
> It would require that subscribers to sa-talk resubscribe at the new
> address, FWIW.

I think (especially with the current SF.net trouble) that would be no
problem for the users if they'd do it once. But doing this twice might
annoy the people (judging from some mailinglist movements I've seen
recently).

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>