From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Granting committer status to log4net developers
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:00:45 GMT

On Jan 12, 2004, at 1:05 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>
>> All the developers who have expressed an opinion on the matter so far
>> were inclined to have separate repositories with separate access
>> rights. The exact internal organization of the Logging Services is
>> something that should be left for the Logging Services project to
>> decide.
>
> The organization of your TLP is your choice.
>
> I was simply trying to point out an implication as I see it in terms
> of how
> a project's organization can effect Incubation.  If a TLP treated
> itself as
> a single project with multiple shared codebases, then it may be easier
> show that a codebase had a larger, more diverse, community than if each
> codebase were treated as a separate community.

Eh.  I think community doesn't matter at all when the Incubator is
simply performing accountable legal oversight.  If a TLP says they want
a codebase from the outside, and we have determined that there are no
legal impediments to that codebase from entering the ASF, then that
should be that...

geir

geir@4quarters.com