incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Geir Magnusson Jr <>
Subject Re: [ROADMAP] Incubator Reorganization and getting *real* stuff done
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:04:58 GMT

On Dec 2, 2003, at 5:40 PM, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 09:58:02AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> IMNSHO Geronimo can easily go on without a logo or a final name for a
>> couple of weeks if needed, so I'll wait to get 3 done after 1 and 2 
>> are
>> done.
> Please don't postpone this any longer.

Right - lets get the PPMC setup and have *them* deal with it.

> We have had a vote.

Which of these are binding votes?  ;)

>  I would
> like to hear what the current Geronimo committers think about the
> vote, and if they are ok with selecting a new name (or if they are
> vehemently opposed to choosing a new name). I realize that a
> discussion about the name has already occured within the committers,
> but I don't know if that decision was unanimous. Can we get the
> committers to vote/voice their opinion here so we can finally wrap
> this up?

They would in the PPMC.  If you feel that it would be valid to have the 
committers decide - something I'm really glad to see - lets use this as 
a motivation to get the PPMC structure setup, get a mail list for them, 
and watch them go.

Given that PPMC decisions are subject to PMC and board oversight, 
there's no risk in doing it this way.


Geir Magnusson Jr                                   203-247-1713(m)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message