incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Roy T. Fielding" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Official Name for "Geronimo" Project
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 06:59:59 GMT
> Roy made a comment that a condition for leaving the incubator is that 
> the
> name be changed.  I hadn't heard that before, but those are two 
> incompatible
> views.

I said that the condition was that it would be reconsidered; basically,
that any comments to the effect that it is now "too late" or the name is
vested with too much press must be set aside -- eventually, either the
PMC or the members or the board (or perhaps all three) will vote on the
name and if any one of those mandates a change, the change will be put
in place whether the developers like it or not.  That is the condition
they were willing to accept, and I will hold them to it.


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message