From Jim Jagielski <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Role of incubator was Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 15:27:19 GMT
At 10:04 AM -0500 1/6/03, Sam Ruby wrote:

>As Avalon amply demonstrated, being a subproject of Jakarta today does not preclude becoming
an ASF project down the road.

>What is important (to me, at least) is:
>
>(1) No coersion has ever been placed on the tapestry folks towards Jakarta as a home.
>
>(2) The tapestry folks are well aware of their options.
>
>(3) As indicated above, any decision made now is mutable.
>
>And, orthogonal to the above, I recognize that this increases the need for me to address
the underlying oversight issues that continue to exist within Jakarta.

Agreed. So I'm assuming that we are progressing under the assumption
of a Jakarta subproject. Post incubation, it's up to Tapestry what they
want (unless they want to propose, right now, that they'd prefer
being an "ASF project" directly, which I have not heard at all).