From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Role of incubator was Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 16:35:25 GMT

[...]
>> About the only thing that they can leverage is either our
>> infrastructure and brand name.
>
> You sound like they want to come in to suck our blood. Totally
> defensive. Can't *we* leverage *their* community/code/vision? Are we so
> perfect that they can only suck our blood?

Absolutely not.  But the thing is that the question was what Tapestry
thought it would gain from becoming an ASF project.  I personally
find that an interesting question.

The question of what the ASF gains from 'adopting' Tapestry is an
entirely different matter.  Asking Tapestry to answer that would
be insulting IMO.  And I presume that the Jakarta PMC answered this
question for themselves several months ago, when Tapestry first
applied for adoption.

[...]
>> My point is that our infrastructure and brand name can't be the reason
>> for joining the ASF.

I certainly can be.  It would be unhealthy for the ASF if that were the only
reasons for projects wanting to join though.

Sander