From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 16:35:15 GMT

[...]
> When Tapestry was originally submitted to Jakarta (months ago) it was
> felt that they needed our help adopting a meritocracy and less of (as
> it was put) "benevolent dictatorship".  I joined their lists and helped
> them do that, and now this is being used to exclude them?  Yes, I feel
> this conversation is best decided in a manner that will provide a
> consistant guideline in the future.

Ah, but this is very usefull information.  This is a projects asking
to be adopted because it wants to adopt the ASF ways.  Something it
hadn't been doing before.

Now, at least for me, that answers a great deal of the question of
what Tapestry thinks it would gain from becoming and ASF project.

Sander