From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2003 02:44:30 GMT
On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 08:18 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
>> Do we start clean, or do we transfer our CVS repository from
>> SourceForge to
>> Jakarta?
>
> Are you planning on changing your class names to org.apache.*?
>
> - Sam Ruby

I found it notable that the W3 has one of it's only three "fundamental
design principles" (all of which it claims to have inherited from the
Internet)...

"3. Decentralization: Decentralization is without a doubt the newest
principle and most difficult to apply. To allow the Web to "scale" to
worldwide proportions while resisting errors and breakdowns, the
architecture(like the Internet) must limit or eliminate dependencies on
central registries."

I wonder if collectively apache.org might prefer to adopt - on
principle - that class names be less decentralized.  But that, like
Sam's query, is a question for another day... I think?

  - ben

ps.  I'm becoming terrible addicted to www.bartleby.com

"Architecture might be more sportive and varied if every man built his
own house, but it would not be the art and science that we have made
it; and while every woman prepares food for her own family, cooking can
never rise beyond the level of the amateur’s work."
   - Charlotte Perkins Gilman (1860–1935), U.S. author and feminist.
Perkins favored the centralization and professionalization of much
housework, both to improve its quality and (more importantly) to free
women for other pursuits.
-- via
http://www.bartleby.com/cgi-bin/texis/webinator/
sitesearch?FILTER=&query=centralization