From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Incubator Sandbox
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:51:25 GMT

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

>>> Anyone can give us some pointers about it?
>>
>> The committers module in cvs exists for committers to write things that
>> are not currently intended to be distributed to the public, but which
>> may be some day.  incubator (for new projects) and commons (for cross-
>> project code) are also available.  As such, I don't see a need for
>> another sandbox, aside from the obvious need that the projects we
>> created last year have to get moving or get out of the way.

So basically my Incubator Sandbox is exactly the committers' module. Ok.

Is there a PMC overlooking it? Should someone overlook it anyway?

Dunno really, but it would be nice if mailing lists or such can be
created to help extemporary commiunities, and closed with not many
problems if the traffic goes to 0.

Should this module be publicized to committers more?
Should it be the "standard" module where committers can try out new stuff?

 From my (albeit limited) experience there is a need for it, and nobody
seems to know about it much where I come from.

What are the cons of making it part of the Incubator PMC roles?

It /seems/ that it's part of incubating new stuff, no?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -