From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Incubator Sandbox
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:09:29 GMT

>> Thoughts?
>

> I tend to think that such a sandbox will only increase the probability
> of the sourceforge effect and won't stop projects from extending their
> scopes and grow subprojects inside.
>
> But I could well be wrong as I've been several times in the past, even
> on this matter.

<inflamatory-opinion actionrequested="agree,ignore">
I disagree with Stefano, I think its a good idea, but would like to see
a codebase/community or two associated with it.  We seem to be creating
a lot of projects these days *before* any sourcebase/community
associated with it.  This is a great way to build a maze, but doesn't
seed enough for fruit.
</inflamatory-opinion>

-Andy