From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Role of incubator was Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 15:04:57 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I think that Tapestry is a complex and large enough scoped project to
> warrant it being its "own" ASF project, ala Avalon, and not a subproject
> of Jakarta. However, the working assumption up to now has been that
> the graduation path was towards Jakarta.

As Avalon amply demonstrated, being a subproject of Jakarta today does
not preclude becoming an ASF project down the road.

What is important (to me, at least) is:

(1) No coersion has ever been placed on the tapestry folks towards
Jakarta as a home.

(2) The tapestry folks are well aware of their options.

(3) As indicated above, any decision made now is mutable.

And, orthogonal to the above, I recognize that this increases the need
for me to address the underlying oversight issues that continue to exist
within Jakarta.

- Sam Ruby