From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Mother may I (was: Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?)
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:13:40 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>>To help facilitate this (as in, eliminating critical path items), I went
>>ahead and created an *EMPTY* cvs repository, granted karma to acoliver
>>and dion *ONLY*, and created the dev and user mailing list (a separate
>>cvs mailing list will be created if that is desired outcome) with
>>acoliver@apache.org as the initial moderator to both.
>
> Make sure you create a tapestry-cvs@jakarta.apache.org alias forwarding to
> the dev list, too.

Think I was born yesterday?  ;-)

> -rw-rw-r-- 1 qmlist qmlist  33 Jan  5 18:36 .qmail-jakarta-tapestry-cvs

Note the timestamp (yes, I could easily forge that, but I didn't).  I
didn't mention it because where the cvs messages go is still under
discussion, and didn't want to mention that I set it up the way I (and
perhaps apparently you?) think it ought to be done. ;-)

> BTW, one of the concerns I had about the incubator project was that
> projects would be rooted at "incubator", e.g. the CVS repos would be
> "/home/cvs/incubator-$project", the dev list at
> $project-dev@incubator.apache.org, etc - and this would mean a lot of name
> changing when a project moved out of the project.  However, you've set
> this up so it's essentially inside the Jakarta project already.  That's a
> nice way of avoiding the rename problem since we know where Tapestry would
> go (discussion about making it a top-level project notwithstanding), but
> is this a good pattern to set for the future?

Suggestions?

Sometimes the best way to focus discussion is to take concrete action.
I was merely cueing off of (1) Ken's note that the only obstacles that
remained were technical todos, (2) the tapestry proposal itself, and (3)
the string of +1 votes that came in yesterday, in particular the one
Sander Striker - his vote was clearly not an automatic +1, but an
indication that that his concerns either have been, or are well on their
way towards being, addressed.

Anyway, it took only a few minutes to set up what I did.  I can all be
wiped out in seconds.

- Sam Ruby