From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject please signify Mail list preference WAS: Re: [VOTE] Mother may I (was: Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?)
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 01:58:13 GMT

> The proposal suggests a separate cvs mailing list.  My recommendation is
> that cvs mail be directed to the -dev list.  This accomplishes two things:
>
> 1) causes more -dev's to actually be exposed to each change.  Or, at a
> minimum, it eliminates an excuse.  ;-)

I agree.  This is how POI-dev opperates and it works quite well for us.

> 2) keep -user's on the -user mailing list.  Many users are smart, and
> realize that the devs hang out on the dev list.  I've actually had
> requests from users to stop sending cvs email as they weren't devs.  The
> response was simple.  ;-)

I agree, I quickly ask power users who start falling down the developer
Cool I'll ask which they prefertrail to join the dev list....might as
well push em ;-)

> Both are personal recommendations, and by no means a requirement.  How
> the lists are to be configured is up to the direct participants.

Cool I'll ask which they prefer.  Guys... What do you prefer?

>> 7. work with Sam (whom I'm assuming will help me) to get tapestry
>> building under Gump and the site updating from Gump
>

> You can safely assume this.

:-) Why thank you Mr. Ruby.

-Andy