From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Mother may I (was: Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?)
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 01:25:28 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> 2. import it,
> 3. ask the infrastructure to make the entries,
> 4. request the appropriate mailing lists

2,3, and 4 require cvsadmin privs on icarus, karma on CVSROOT, and
qmlist privs on nagoya.  I can handle all of this.

One question in advance on #4, and I will choose to ask it publically here.

The proposal suggests a separate cvs mailing list.  My recommendation is
that cvs mail be directed to the -dev list.  This accomplishes two things:

1) causes more -dev's to actually be exposed to each change.  Or, at a
minimum, it eliminates an excuse.  ;-)

2) keep -user's on the -user mailing list.  Many users are smart, and
realize that the devs hang out on the dev list.  I've actually had
requests from users to stop sending cvs email as they weren't devs.  The
response was simple.  ;-)

Both are personal recommendations, and by no means a requirement.  How
the lists are to be configured is up to the direct participants.

> 7. work with Sam (whom I'm assuming will help me) to get tapestry
> building under Gump and the site updating from Gump

You can safely assume this.

- Sam Ruby