From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: oversight (was: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?)
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 23:15:48 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

>>What problems do you see that Jakarta has managing what it has? BTW, this is
>>a genuine question, not flamebait. I have seen this statement repeated often
>>and would like to understand its basis.
>
> The Jakarta PMC is *way* overburdened. Any notion that they are truly
> monitoring *all* of Jakarta is right out the window. This is immediately
> obvious at the Board level when we get a one-sentence report at the Board
> meeting about the state of Jakarta (see the November 2002 minutes).

I answered this before.  Now I will answer it here.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news/index.html

Now I'm off to go nominate everyone who has consistently contributed to
writing the newsletter as PMC members.  ;-)

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  Greg, I very much appreciate your style.  Wait until pretty much
everything that can be said has been (which is generally long before the
conversation actually stops), and then give everyone equal measures of
of a kick in the behind.  +1