From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 18:09:56 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> What is important here is not hard and fast Rules (with a capital "R"),
> but that we all apply common sense and try to work together.

+1

> FWIW, as a member of the board of directors, I voted *FOR* the
 > incubator.  At the time, I didn't see it as a gatekeeper, but as a
 > resource or facilitator.  To date, all I have seen is evidence of the
 > former.

i find that very discouraging.  'resource/facilitator' would seem to
be a primarily passive thing, such as through the web site (glossary,
anyone?).  i'm not sure i see how any active role surrounding the
aspect of 'new projects must come through the incubator' can realistically
be seen  *without* some bit of 'gatekeeper'ness.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"