From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 17:58:20 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> To make an oversweeping generalization, Jakara is tired.  They have been
> asked again and again, in many different ways, would it be OK if
> Tapestry becomes a Jakarta subproject.  The answer has been yes, yes,
> yes, and once again yes.  The more times the question is asked, the less

good enough for me, then.  i can't speak for the rest of the incubator
pmc, but i'm now abundantly satisfied.

> When I asked what was desired, I got the following response from Ken Coar:
>
>> it would be nice to have such a binding answer from the jakarta project,
>> and even nicer to have interested parties from jakarta (including but
>> not limited to andy) watching and participating in the process to a)
>> ensure
>> that tapestry doesn't morph away from what jakarta agreed to accept, and
>> b) help the incubator people identify and fix issues.  just as andy
>> and dIon
>> have already done in this very thread (thanks!).
>

> We clearly are pursuing the "and even nicer" path of this.  I realize
> that Ken wanted both, my immediate knee-jerk reaction to the first term
> in the boolean expression was to respond with a "it would be nice to
> have such a binding answer from the incubator project", but I am trying
> to maintain my cool.

binding answer to *what* from the incubator?  i am not trying to be
difficult, sam; quite the opposite.  let me rephrase it: i, personally,
think it would be a good thing for all concerned -- asf, tapestry,
jakarta, incubator -- to have as many knowledgeable and (constructively)
critical eyes watching the tapestry incubation as possible.  i now feel
entirely comfortable (and i hope everyone else does) that jakarta has
reserved a spot for tapestry.  afaik, the only obstacles now aren't
obstacles, just technical to-dos (accounts, cvs, et cetera).
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"