From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Role of incubator was Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 14:08:42 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Sunday, January 5, 2003 10:01 PM +1100 Conor MacNeill
> <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:
>
>> What problems do you see that Jakarta has managing what it has?
>> BTW, this is a genuine question, not flamebait. I have seen this
>> statement repeated often and would like to understand its basis.
>

> *sigh*

<snip reason="long"/>

I'm a bit confused by this.  There is no reason Tapestry can't be a
Jakarta project and have a PMC.  There are Jakarta projects that
function that way now.  (Avalon I believe?)

I thought this "reorganization" was going to be voluntary.  This message
does not sound that way.

I feel many of the guidelines being used so far seem to be
self-contradictory.

I'd like to hear "what is the perfect project and reasons for joining"
currently I'm not seeing a way *any* project could join.

-Andy