From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: [Tapestry-contrib] Re: Tapestry?
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 23:08:20 GMT
On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 12:58:20PM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Sam Ruby wrote:
> >
> > To make an oversweeping generalization, Jakara is tired.  They have been
> > asked again and again, in many different ways, would it be OK if
> > Tapestry becomes a Jakarta subproject.  The answer has been yes, yes,
> > yes, and once again yes.  The more times the question is asked, the less
>
> good enough for me, then.  i can't speak for the rest of the incubator
> pmc, but i'm now abundantly satisfied.

Somebody has to speak for the rest of the incubator. Part of the problem
that has happened is that everybody is waiting for everybody else to state
that consensus is reached. As a result, it never appears that consensus is
present, so nobody attempts to do anything.

IMO, the first step in the Incubator process should be "name a shepherd".
That person can then drive the acquisition of votes when needed, start
following the necessary legal checklists, perform/request the infrastructure
bits, and then the group can get down to the actual Apache Way Brainwashing.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/