incubator-awf-dev mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project Name Proposals
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 19:56:16 GMT
Hi

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Johnathan Meehan
<jmeehan@phasevariance.com> wrote:

> Shame about Flink, I quite liked it. I'm fine with Maher; it's also an
> Irish surname, so "Apache Maher" sounds like an old John Wayne film to
> me. That's not a bad thing. :)
>
> Arabic has some interesting sounds; what about translations for the less
> common synonyms like "adroit" and "bravura", Mohammad, for more ideas?

 For Adroit: It can also be Maher of Hazek - *Note: For Hazek the H
letter is not original cause its Arabic pronunciation letter does not
have equivalent in English.*
 For Bravura: It can be Shugaa Garea' :D which is much harder to
pronounce for non-Arabic speaking people :D

So I would prefer to use Maher cause it more close to the meaning and
easy to pronounce :D.

> The online dictionaries I found don't translate to the same alphabet.
>

> On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 22:26 +0300, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
>> The Arabic name sounds easier to pronounce :P
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Julien Vermillard <jvermillard@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > flink sound nice but : http://sourceforge.net/projects/flink/
>> >
>> > maher is nice too
>> >
>> > in french it's habile
>> > my 2 cents :)
>> > Julien

be derived from Deft. (at least thats my humble opinion).

So, what do

:)

--
Thanks