incubator-awf-dev mailing list archives

From Séven Le Mesle <sleme...@xebia.fr>
Subject Re: Why is the project still in sandbox ?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:15:33 GMT
Hi Johnathan,

I don't get exactly what you mean but calling the countdown when the initial
setup is complete make's sense.
You can have a look on what I did to test multi-thread in HTTPServer. I
tried to make the start and stop calls blocking and returning only when
operation is done failed or successfull.
I'm not so happy with the implementation but it does work.

We can imagine using a boolean flag in the calls to allow switching between
blocking and not blocking mode.

Séven.

2011/9/27 Johnathan Meehan <jmeehan@phasevariance.com>

> Hi Seven,
>
> My machine has the same intermittent problem as the server. From what I
> see, the loop in IOLoop#start() is not always established quickly enough
> after #countdown has been invoked before it[1]. The last thread is
> always the one to fail the assertion, then. What about passing the
> CountdownLatch to a method with the appropriate signature, and calling
> #countdown when the inital setup is complete and the loop is actually
> running?
>
> Johnathan
>
> [1]
> loopsLatch.countDown() - Count: 2
> start() -  I/O-LOOP1
> loopsLatch.countDown() - Count: 1
> start() -  I/O-LOOP2
> LOOP: org.apache.deft.io.IOLoop@32955cd5 - true
> LOOP: org.apache.deft.io.IOLoop@68ed662d - true
> LOOP: org.apache.deft.io.IOLoop@3f9f3736 - false
> loopsLatch.countDown() - Count: 0
> start() -  I/O-LOOP3
>

> On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 01:02 +0200, Séven Le Mesle wrote:
> > Great, so I'm not guilty this time cool.
> > The problem seems to appear every time on Solaris nodes, it might come
> from
> > server load ...
> > But we should fix this.
> >
> > 2011/9/27 Johnathan Meehan <jmeehan@phasevariance.com>
> >

> > > I noticed on the build mailing list that somebody was talking about
> > > Jenkins being a little sluggish, but that seems to depend on the node
> > > being hit. Built okay this time on "ubuntu5" (that is, completed
> without
> > > errors).
> > >
> > > https://builds.apache.org/job/Deft/26/consoled

> It

> [...]
> [...]