incubator-awf-dev mailing list archives

From Johnathan Meehan <jmee...@phasevariance.com>
Subject Re: Why is the project still in sandbox ?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:09:13 GMT

Hi Seven,

My machine has the same intermittent problem as the server. From what I
see, the loop in IOLoop#start() is not always established quickly enough
after #countdown has been invoked before it[1]. The last thread is
always the one to fail the assertion, then. What about passing the
CountdownLatch to a method with the appropriate signature, and calling
#countdown when the inital setup is complete and the loop is actually
running?

Johnathan

[1]
loopsLatch.countDown() - Count: 2
start() -  I/O-LOOP1
loopsLatch.countDown() - Count: 1
start() -  I/O-LOOP2
LOOP: org.apache.deft.io.IOLoop@32955cd5 - true
LOOP: org.apache.deft.io.IOLoop@68ed662d - true
LOOP: org.apache.deft.io.IOLoop@3f9f3736 - false
loopsLatch.countDown() - Count: 0
start() -  I/O-LOOP3

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 01:02 +0200, Séven Le Mesle wrote:
> Great, so I'm not guilty this time cool.
> The problem seems to appear every time on Solaris nodes, it might come from
> server load ...
> But we should fix this.
>
> 2011/9/27 Johnathan Meehan <jmeehan@phasevariance.com>
>

> > I noticed on the build mailing list that somebody was talking about
> > Jenkins being a little sluggish, but that seems to depend on the node
> > being hit. Built okay this time on "ubuntu5" (that is, completed without
> > errors).
> >
> > https://builds.apache.org/job/Deft/26/consoled
> >

> > On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 00:22 +0200, Séven Le Mesle wrote:
> > > I don't believe in luckyness for such things.
> > > But well we can hope for this time ...
> > > So I'll ask Niklas directly to get Job administration rights.
> > >
> > > Thanks again for your great help.
> > >
> > > Séven

> > update

> > you.