incubator-awf-dev mailing list archives

From Johnathan Meehan <jmee...@phasevariance.com>
Subject Re: Project Name Proposals
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 19:46:31 GMT

Shame about Flink, I quite liked it. I'm fine with Maher; it's also an
Irish surname, so "Apache Maher" sounds like an old John Wayne film to
me. That's not a bad thing. :)

Arabic has some interesting sounds; what about translations for the less
common synonyms like "adroit" and "bravura", Mohammad, for more ideas?
The online dictionaries I found don't translate to the same alphabet.

On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 22:26 +0300, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
> The Arabic name sounds easier to pronounce :P
>
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Julien Vermillard <jvermillard@gmail.com> wrote:
> > flink sound nice but : http://sourceforge.net/projects/flink/
> >
> > maher is nice too
> >
> > in french it's habile
> > my 2 cents :)
> > Julien
> >

> > On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
> > <nour.mohammad@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> What about
> >>
> >> Maher
> >>
> >> Which is skillfull in Arabic :D ?
> >>
> >> wdyt ?

derived from Deft. (at least thats my humble opinion).

So, what do

:)