incubator-awf-dev mailing list archives

From Johnathan Meehan <jmee...@phasevariance.com>
Subject Re: Project Name Proposals
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 16:36:16 GMT

The only problem I see with deriving a name from Deft is finding
ourselves in the same position, as we realise that most of the usable
synonyms (or even broadly related words) already have some commercial
connotation. This[1] was useful, btw (but not helpful :)).

Perhaps the quickest and easiest would be a simple acronym, or to follow
the lead of others and pick something cute and furry (as per Tomcat or
Jackrabbit). I don't think we need a relationship to the "product", just
something easy and memorable.

Did you ever have any other names in mind, Roger? Perhaps we could
revisit them.

[1] http://www.visuwords.com/

On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 17:51 +0300, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
> What about [1] as startup source of names related to Deft.
>
> [1]- http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deft
>
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Roger Schildmeijer
> <schildmeijer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Nice initiative Johnathan.
> >
> > Somehow I think/sugggest that the new name should somewhat be derived from Deft.
(at least thats my humble opinion).