groovy-users mailing list archives

From OCsite <...@ocs.cz>
Subject build/runtime versions
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2020 14:59:12 GMT
Hi there,

I have just found one of my clients might be using at his deployment site a different Groovy
version than the one used to build the application — probably the worst case was a pretty
old runtime version 2.3.8 for an app built with 2.4.17 (seems it runs OK, strangely enough).

(i) are there known problems or inconsistencies caused by this kind of mess?

(ii) given a JAR, is it possible to determine which Groovy version was it built with? The
client changed the classpaths, and I can't recall which Groovy release was used to compile
particular older app builds.

Thanks,
OC