groovy-users mailing list archives

From Tommy Svensson <to...@natusoft.se>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 3.0.0 released
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2020 15:44:55 GMT
I've been using 3.0.0-M1 for quite a while now and have had 0 problems! I used an earlier pre
3.0.0 version before that, also without running into any problems! OK, I'm not using all possible
features of Groovy, but I'm still impressed. I'm using Groovy for almost all of my open source
coding since it is so much nicer and I don't like to waste my own time. Groovy allows me to
write less and cleaner code and it is just a joy to use.

Tank you very much for a fantastic and extremely java compatible language and for the effort
of keeping it alive and current!

Best Regards,
Tommy Svensson

Från: Paolo Di Tommaso <paolo.ditommaso@gmail.com>
Svara: users@groovy.apache.org <users@groovy.apache.org>
Datum: 10 februari 2020 at 15:57:07
Till: users@groovy.apache.org <users@groovy.apache.org>
Ämne:  Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 3.0.0 released

Congrats, folks!! 👏👏👏✌✌✌✌

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 3:46 PM Søren Berg Glasius <soeren@glasius.dk> wrote:
Awesome. A new Era has begun 😊

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Søren Berg Glasius

Sent from my phone, thus brief

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020, 14:06 Paul King <paulk@apache.org> wrote:
Dear community,

The Apache Groovy team is pleased to announce version 3.0.0 of Apache Groovy.
Apache Groovy is a multi-faceted programming language for the JVM.
Further details can be found at the https://groovy.apache.org website.

We are sure you'll enjoy the features in this new version of Groovy.
Your feedback on any unintentional glitches is welcome.

This release includes 15 bug fixes/improvements since RC3 as outlined
in the changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12345566
(There are over 500 new features, improvements and bug fixes since Groovy 2.5!)

Sources, convenience binaries, downloadable documentation and an SDK
bundle can be found at: https://groovy.apache.org/download.html
We recommend you verify your installation using the information on that page.

Jars are also available within the major binary repositories.

We welcome your help and feedback and in particular want to thank
everyone who contributed to this release. We value all forms of
contribution from our contributors past and present but special
mention for this release should be made to Daniel Sun for his
instrumental contributions to the Parrot parser and Eric Milles for
his recent improvements to Groovy's static compiler.

For more information on how to report problems, and to get involved,
visit the project website at https://groovy.apache.org/

Best regards,

The Apache Groovy team.