groovy-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Johnson <rjohnson.u...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance analysis of Groovy programs
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2019 18:31:46 GMT
I've got a large Groovy project that is too slow.   I looked at it with
VisualVM and saw a few interesting things, but in general I mostly saw the
Groovy reflection mechanism.  Does anybody have a plugin for VisualVM that
would filter out the implementation of Groovy and let me see my program?

Long ago I used a groovy package called gprof to profile Groovy code.  But
it is advertised as working with Groovy 2.4 and it was last updated a few
years ago, so I doubt it works now.  Does anyone know for sure?

What do people use for profiling Groovy code?

-Ralph Johnson