groovy-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Allen <andrew.st.al...@gmail.com>
Subject Groovy 2.5 AnnotationCollector not generating expected bytecode
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2019 12:30:09 GMT
Hi,

I'm attempting to upgrade to groovy 2.5 for a few of  my projects and I'm
running into an issue using AnnotationCollector (includes Immutable and
CompileStatic) on a custom annotation.  When using the groovy 2.4.12
compiler I see the expected bytecode get generated.  However when compiling
with the groovy 2.5.8 (or any groovy 2.5) compiler I'm not seeing the
additional constructors getting created in the bytecode.

Is this an expected change with the updates to the Immutable annotation?
Is there a way to get the consistent behavior that is displayed in Groovy
2.4?

I have an example project (https://github.com/kod4n/groovy-gradle-issue)
that uses gradle as the build system, the issue can be verified by
executing tests in the project with ./gradlew clean test.

If there is a better place to ask this question please let me know.

Thanks,
Andrew Allen