groovy-users mailing list archives

From Mirco <mirch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Groovy 3.0.0-beta-2 Released
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2019 20:12:47 GMT
Hi,
I've tested (with Java 11) the latest beta-2 version of groovy 3 but
unfortunately the problem I reported some weeks ago on the users mailing
list is still in place (up until alpha-4 everything works correctly).
The compiler complains when inside a closure one try to access a public
field without a getter.
For convenience I copy the same simple script to reproduce the problem:

"""
import groovy.transform.CompileStatic
@CompileStatic
class Foo { public float field1 = 1; }
@CompileStatic
class Main {
    static public void main(String... args) {
    var cl = {
            Foo foo = new Foo()
            assert foo.field1 == 1
        }