groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Erick" <Erick.Nel...@hdsupply.com>
Subject Re: where have all the packages gone?
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2019 18:22:01 GMT
In eclipse I take my Groovy projects and go to the “Configure” menu and select  “Convert
to Maven Project”.
I then add the groovy-all dependency…

[cid:image001.png@01D5446D.81A4E890]

The pom looks like…

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <groupId>G1</groupId>

  <artifactId>G1</artifactId>

  <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

  <build>

    <sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>

    <plugins>

      <plugin>

        <version>3.8.0</version>

        <configuration>

          <source>1.8</source>

          <target>1.8</target>

        </configuration>

      </plugin>

    </plugins>

  </build>

  <dependencies>

        <dependency>

                <groupId>org.codehaus.groovy</groupId>

                <artifactId>groovy-all</artifactId>

                <version>2.5.7</version>

                <type>pom</type>

        </dependency>

  </dependencies>

</project>

Then I get all these jars…

[cid:image002.png@01D5446D.81A4E890]

Are these some of your “missing” jars?

From: Ralph Johnson <rjohnson.uiuc@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, July 27, 2019 at 5:15 AM
To: Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au>
Cc: "users@groovy.apache.org" <users@groovy.apache.org>
Subject: Re: where have all the packages gone?

I included groovy-test-2.5.7.jar and that cleared up a lot of problems.   I am still missing
the jar for
groovy.ui.Console

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 7:22 AM Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au<mailto:paulk@asert.com.au>>
wrote:
[Image removed by sender. Boxbe]<https://www.boxbe.com/overview>[Image removed by sender.]This
message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (paulk@asert.com.au<mailto:paulk@asert.com.au>)
Add cleanup rule<https://www.boxbe.com/popup?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boxbe.com%2Fcleanup%3Fkey%3DIRpFfNu1fdFiZ4COb4IsBbiZ5Re1BCqf%252FnRHRk%252FJGCs%253D%26token%3DGCbhLMtbyVRpjA2RVkaL27ocdJYLdM%252FWzrQ2K3%252FL426mmnLIkrE4WwsGFhEoUtkgxSqNijgf%252BUg6oEHdEBZ4awhaDbzWIA0n%252F6TZT0OyRbAFqaPJYm5xP2yeX%252BgtXB3pFJ5OXxUWBRw%253D&tc_serial=50291901977&tc_rand=1453631183&utm_source=stf&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ANNO_CLEANUP_ADD&utm_content=001>
| More info<http://blog.boxbe.com/general/boxbe-automatic-cleanup?tc_serial=50291901977&tc_rand=1453631183&utm_source=stf&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ANNO_CLEANUP_ADD&utm_content=001>
There aren't any jars corresponding to groovy-ui, groovy-util or groovy-mock. The groovy.mock
package is in groovy-test. It depends on the other classes as to which jar they might be in.
Can you elaborate a bit more?

Cheers, Paul.

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 9:30 PM Ralph Johnson <rjohnson.uiuc@gmail.com<mailto:rjohnson.uiuc@gmail.com>>
wrote:
I'm migrating a big project from 2.4.8 to 2.5.7.    I am doing it all under Eclipse, and in
fact it was my desire to use the newest version of Eclipse that made me decide to do the migration.
  The latest version didn't seem to support older versions of Groovy well, so I just decided
to try to migrate to a newer version of Groovy.

A lot of packages that seemed to be standard in older versions of Groovy on Eclipse no longer
seem to be standard.   I looked through the lib directory of a regular installation of Groovy
and discovered a number of these packages.   I included groovy-cli-commons, groovy-ant, groovy-json,
groovy-test-junit, grooy-swing and groovy-testing and that got rid of a lot of the errors.
  However, I am still looking for some jar files.   Where would I find far files for groovy-ui,
groovy-util, groovy-mock (I want to import groovy.mock.interceptor.MockFor)?   I assume these
are really named something like groovy-ui-2.5.7.jar to match the others, but maybe that is
my problem, perhaps they have different names.

-Ralph Johnson