groovy-users mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Become a Groovy Ant GA-)
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2019 15:37:05 GMT
Hi Groovy users,

I have recently decided to back the "Friends of Apache Groovy" Patreon

https://opencollective.com/friends-of-groovy

on the lowest ($5) level.

Here is why: It was clear to me that backing it on the $100 level did
not feel compatible with our family income (and in turn the Missus ;-)
), and that my max conceivable level would be in the $50 area. There are
individuals that back at both these levels, and while I am grateful for
that, I do not expect that a large number of people will do so. I also
felt slightly intimitated by their willingness to invest so much money
every month into a single open source project: Given that I pay 14 EUR
per month for Netflix for my whole family, or 15 EUR for all of us for
Spotify, or give 10 EUR per month to the WWF, or 3 EUR to avaaz, at
least to me it felt slightly off.

So I am calling for everyone to become a Groovy Ant, spread the word,
and fund this great language on a level that does not personally hurt,
so that it might live long and prosper GA-)

Cheers,
mg

PS: Alas Patreon does not support backing on a regular basis through
Paypal, which also threw me off at first (they claim technical
difficulties). If you prefer to use Paypal, you might consider donating
$50 for the year (2 months off ;-) ).