In addition to removing projects that are no longer developed from the Groovy Windows installer (Gpars, Gaelyk, Scriptom, EasyB, Gant, GMock), I'm considering removing the exe files from groovy-native-launcher.  These haven't been compiled in quite a while and are just another thing to maintain.  As I see it, there are two primary benefits these provide.
  1. Provide a way to create file associations so you can double click a Groovy file, or run myFile.groovy instead of groovy myFile.groovy.
  2. Hide the command window when launching GroovyConsole.
For #2, I can work around this with a VBScript file (or NirCmd).  #1 doesn't have a good way to solve other than the current native binary solution since Launch4J doesn't support variable expansion.  My question is, do many folks need this functionality?  It's something I've never personally used.  Please weigh in with your thoughts.

-Keegan