I hear you.  But where do you draw the line?

There are a lot of popular libraries we also could include besides Gpars and Scriptom (e.g. Geb, Spock, groovy-wslite, http-builder-ng, Gru, gstorm, dru, GroovyServ, Gaiden, shoogr, etc) -- and those are just some ones with commits in the last year that aren't for building or hosting web stuff.  There are many more besides this.  And because it's just a bundle including whatever the latest versions were at the time of a Groovy release for a specific selection of projects (and not a project like sdkman), there's no way to mix & match versions or upgrade independent of a Groovy release.
Although I guess if we want the installer to include a bunch of different library options, maybe we could have the installer fetch the requested jars from the internet, I suppose.  Though I'm not sure how the file GUIDs would work if we did that.  MSIs I've seen that do that (like have .NET Framework as a dependency) usually invoke a separate MSI for each dependency.

-Keegan