groovy-users mailing list archives

From Keegan Witt <keeganw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy file associations on Windows
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2019 00:12:44 GMT
Actually, for Gpars, that's in the Groovy binary zip, so that's
included already.

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 6:42 PM Keegan Witt <keeganwitt@gmail.com> wrote:

> I hear you.  But where do you draw the line?
>
> There are a lot of popular libraries we also could include besides Gpars and Scriptom
(e.g. Geb, Spock, groovy-wslite, http-builder-ng, Gru, gstorm, dru, GroovyServ, Gaiden, shoogr,
etc) -- and those are just some ones with commits in the last year that aren't for building
or hosting web stuff.  There are many more besides this.  And because it's just a bundle including
whatever the latest versions were at the time of a Groovy release for a specific selection
of projects (and not a project like sdkman), there's no way to mix & match versions or
upgrade independent of a Groovy release.
> Although I guess if we want the installer to include a bunch of different library options,
maybe we could have the installer fetch the requested jars from the internet, I suppose.
Though I'm not sure how the file GUIDs would work if we did that.  MSIs I've seen that do
that (like have .NET Framework as a dependency) usually invoke a separate MSI for each dependency.