groovy-users mailing list archives

From Keegan Witt <keeganw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Groovy Windows installer
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:59:44 GMT
And the Quick Launch toolbar was removed in Windows 7 (although it can
be added back manually), so I think I won't bother with those
shortcuts.  I never noticed it was removed because I never used it.

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 6:56 PM Keegan Witt <keeganwitt@gmail.com> wrote:

> Update: The documentation directory on the start menu actually does
> get created -- Windows 10 just doesn't show subdirectories on start
> menu folders like previous versions of Windows did.
>
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 11:07 PM Keegan Witt <keeganwitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Oh, and one important note for those playing with the new installer:
> > uninstall the NSIS based Groovy first and make sure GROOVY_HOME,
> > %PROGRAM_FILES%\Groovy, and PATH are free from references to the old
> > installation before proceeding.
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 9:26 PM Keegan Witt <keeganwitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh, one more item
> > >
> > > Is 200 the installer version I should use?

which should be more robust for things like altering environment variables and make it easier
to do corporate installations.

I've done some dumb things, but I hacked together a basic working installer this weekend.
 I've put the initial version of the installer here.  Your feedback is appreciated.

the project is built -- I'm not sure if that's the correct thing to do.
to PATH without setting GROOVY_HOME?  Currently the installer groups these together in a single
feature.
to install, so those are automatically selected during upgrades.
I can throw them in -- maybe disabled by default?