groovy-users mailing list archives

From 孙 岚 <realblue...@hotmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL]About creating open collective for Groovy programming language in the name of Groovy Community
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2019 02:55:44 GMT
Hi all,

      As we all know, Groovy is lack of sponsorship and slows down its steps since Pivotal
stopped sponsoring in 2014. Groovy needs more resources to complete big features and fix hard
issues, e.g. MOP2, async/await, Refining generics of STC, Supporting Java11+ fully without
warnings, etc.

      I propose to create open collective for Groovy programming language, which can help
Groovy Community to collect money to sponsor developing Groovy. Even if the collected money
is very few every year, something is better than nothing!

      Here are 2 steps to create open collective for Groovy(as the following snapshots show).
 "OSC will assist in managing the funds of the Fund; it will collect the income and will pay
and disburse the net income and principal for purposes of the Project as specifically set
forth in the Protocols."(SEE the details in attachment 1)

      As groovy/groovy-core is not my personal project, so I am requesting permission from
you before I create open collective. To be frank, I am not sure whether it conforms to the
Apache policy, so I send the email as a Groovy enthusiast(not a Apache committer) via my own
hotmail(not the apache mail). I wish we could create open collective for Groovy programming
language in the name of Groovy Community.

      FYI, many open source projects have created open collective, e.g.
1,  babel: https://opencollective.com/babel
2,  asciidoctor: https://opencollective.com/asciidoctor
3,  jhipster: https://opencollective.com/generator-jhipster
4,  vuejs: https://opencollective.com/vuejs
5,  mochajs: https://opencollective.com/mochajs

      Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Steps to create open collective for Groovy

       [cid:eba248d4-9eb0-4190-bcb1-c315475c1107]

[cid:33ad6e07-91d7-4878-bc5c-f349641bfe16]
(Terms & Conditions details can be found in the attachments of this email)