groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: @Immutable backwards compatibility
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2018 22:32:53 GMT
On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 1:41 AM Daniel.Sun <sunlan@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi  C├ędric,
>
> > However, we discovered several regressions (in @CompileStatic, in
> > covariant return type checking, ...) that may make the migration
> painful.
>       According to the changed files shown in the PR (
> https://github.com/gradle/gradle/pull/6903/files ), it seems that the
> migration is not that painful ;-)
>
>       BTW, all changes for 2.5.x pass all existing tests in Groovy project.
> If you find some breaking change, feel free to submit JIRA ticket to track.

The problem is that none of our tests in 2.5.x include tests against 2.4.x
compiled code.
This is what impacts Gradle, Grails and Micronaut plugins. They might be
compiled
with 2.4.x and then used with 2.5.x. The checkBinaryCompatibility task
helps somewhat
but we could no doubt also add some cross version integration tests as well.