groovy-users mailing list archives

From Tzu-Li Chen <wander4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Start shell/REPL without launching java monitor?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 20:22:33 GMT
 1.png
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R8fj07vPRwtcazXoLIsFw4XcyEGqgw-M/view?usp=drive_web>
 2.png
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/173hrjKQ7fGqiWBYXEf--Vlz3EnIeBiYO/view?usp=drive_web>
 diag.png
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoNPAnFWgqxtZwRehrQJqnR7M8AcdmcK/view?usp=drive_web>
Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply! I think I know `groovy` command and now I exactly
suffer from `groovysh`. Let me try to speak it clearly.

(on macOS)
1. I open a terminal.
2. Type "groovysh" and <CR>
3. A new window looks like a Java applet, named "Groovy Shell" launched,
and the focus switch to it.
4. I switch the focus back to the terminal, and start to interact with REPL.

What I am suffering is 3 and 4, each time I want to interact with REPL I
have to switch the focus. Think about `jshell` or `python`, the REPL is of
course a process, but not another window and even force switch the focus.

Also photos in attach links, please pay attention to the focus is switched
from 1 to 2.

Best,
tison.

Keith Suderman <suderman@anc.org> 于2018年10月15日周一 下午10:44写道: