groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: @Immutable backwards compatibility
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2018 12:25:50 GMT

Am 27.09.2018 um 01:24 schrieb Paul King:
> The String check for "groovy.transform.Immutable" would work fine if the
> 2.4 compiled class was actually loaded with it;s annotations but
> AnnotationCollector changes any meta-annotation to no longer be an
> annotation but a class to store the serialized information for the
> pre-compiled case.

Was that already in 2.4 the case for @Immutable? I thought it was not
expressed by the annotation collector back then.

And why do we do all those checks for if the type is annotated with
@Immutable then? We also check for if the annotation starts with
groovy.transform.Immutable, which would cover ImmutableBase as well,
which imho stays on the class... wait...it is source only.. oh..

> I think we need to perhaps adjust what we do there
> slightly to leave the original annotation intact. I'll try to work on
> that on the plane trip home - perhaps we should delay 2.5.3 a few days
> to see if we can address this but any alternative suggestions welcome.

leaving the original annotation in tact is what I suggested to you
before even writing here, because somehow I knew this was the problem,
without even having looked at it properly ;)

Still I'd like to really understand it, and I am not there yet.

bye Jochen