groovy-users mailing list archives

From "ocs@ocs" <...@ocs.cz>
Subject multi-declaration does not work in the for loop, groovy 2.4
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2018 13:37:18 GMT
Hi there,

I have just bumped into a — presumably — parser error, which causes that a declaration
of more variables is not accepted in a for loop:

===
44 /tmp> /usr/local/groovy-2.4.15/bin/groovy q
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
/private/tmp/q.groovy: 1: unexpected token: = @ line 1, column 13.
   for (int foo=0,bar=0;foo<bar;foo++)
               ^
1 error
44 /tmp> /usr/local/groovy-2.4.15/bin/groovy -version
Groovy Version: 2.4.15 JVM: 10.0.1 Vendor: "Oracle Corporation" OS: Mac OS X
45 /tmp>
===

At the moment alas I can't test in newer groovys, not sure whether the problem is fixed there
or not.

All the best,
OC