groovy-users mailing list archives

From MG <mg...@arscreat.com>
Subject Re: XML RPC Service
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2018 19:53:32 GMT
I have no personal experience with either XML-RPC, SOAP or REST (DB
Developer, Web-GUI needs covered by Vaadin), but this guy expresses a
different (seemingly pragmatic) opinion (and he is using Groovy ;-) ):
https://sites.google.com/a/athaydes.com/renato-athaydes/posts/thereturnofrpc-orhowrestisnolongertheonlyrespectablesolutionforapis

(Generally speaking, in modern software development especially the web
development domain to me seems to suffer from an overabundance of "this
is the /absolute /right way to do things !" - until a newer/hipper/...
(or simply different ?-) ) approach comes along the next year...; I mean
I am not saying there is no improvement in some areas, but it took the
web guys how many decades to rediscover configurable, encapsulated GUI
components as a general concept ?-) )

Cheers,
mg